Wow - just got PDF documents to show up in the search results. What a pain! Here's a good post on how to get the set-up done, but after I finished the steps, it still wasn't working.
Here's a couple of the things that I was worried about:
- I didn't want only new documents to show up, which seemed to be what some people were seeing
- We're using x64 Windows for our SQL box
- I'm an admin on the web front ends, but Regex is turned of by the client's policies
Here's what I did that the post wasn't too clear on:
- I installed the IFilter on all WFEs
- Restared both the Windows SharePoint Server Search AND the Office SharePoint Server Search services
Looks to be working fine, now!
Total time: 2.5 hours